Sunday, November 14, 2010

weekend bliss

The sun is shinning...

Every morning when we open the blinds, it is always a quest to see if the day will be gray and gloomy or beautifully sunny. I miss Texas where it seems the sun shines every day, even all winter long.

I am so thankful for the past weekend. It was just what I needed- a long day with my very good friend, Kristen, who I think likes to talk just about as much as I do. We used the long drive to Hiedelberg and back to have an uninterrupted time to catch up on each other's lives. I can't remember the last time I rode in Kristen's car while she drove and it was just the two of us. Maybe in high school? We laughed that now she is driving a mini van (with two carseats in the back). We had so much fun shopping on base for coveted American groceries. I won't spill the beans on how much the grand total was. Yikes! She was stocking up for three months and this included the holidays!

Sorry that I didn't take any pics of our adventure. Just know that it was fun. And this is what I am enjoying this morning...

seasonal_gingerbread_latte
mmm...good coffee

Kellogg_Frosted_Mini_Wheats
with this
jif-peanut-butter
thanks Kristen!

No comments:

Post a Comment