Thursday, January 27, 2011

Once Bitten

mmm... time for a little glass of red wine. So good. I usually don't drink much at all, especially this past year with being pregnant and nursing Katy Jo. But, today, it just feels right. My nerves are a bit banged up. Back before Katy Jo had teeth (now she is working on her third one), if you had asked I would have told you that if she were to bite me while nursing (actually, its not nursing, its just playing around after she has eaten and has not yet returned what doesn't belong to her) I would quit nursing right there and then. No questions asked. Well, it's not that easy. It's complicated. There's money involved. And my own pride. I want to nurse for a good solid year. It would be perfect if she was completely weaned on her birthday, May 29th. So now, after tonight, my standards have changed. Or simply my stated expectations of myself. Tonight she bit me. There was no blood, but it hurt nonetheless. So, for the record, I'm putting it out there that if or when she bites again and there is blood, that will be the end of it. Sounds good. Who knows if I will stick to my guns? We'll have to see. For now, let me enjoy my glass of wine while baby sleeps.


2 comments: