Monday, October 4, 2010

Soak'n It Up

Lately everything just seems right.

We are beyond thankful to be here in Germany for one more year. Because I know it is our last, I am seeing it in a whole new light. Fall has arrived and it is gorgeous, breathtaking really. Like nothing I've ever seen before. The sun was out this past weekend making it even more divine. I know we are headed into the holiday season, which I love, but I am not a huge fan of winter in Germany. I love snow, and I even love bundling up occassionaly. But when you don't see the sun for months at a time, it does something to your soul, especially to this southern girl's soul.

So... lately every time the sun is shining, I've been begging Bo to come outside with me. This weekend he did. We started it off in St.Louis, just a hop over the border into France. I took Bo to a bruschetta stand I had found with my friend Sharon. Mom, you should be proud of me- I'm finally eating tomatoes. From there, we made a quick stop at the Dreilanderbrucke, which means "three lands bridge" because you can see three countries- Germany, France and Switzerland. On Saturday, we scoped out a neighboring village's craft market. And after church on Sunday, we soaked up more sun on a lovely hike. The view of our little Kandern was amazing. Autumn has to be the best season ever, especially in Germany. Any one want to visit?

Tomato Brucshetta
DSC_0002

A beautiful hotel in St.Louis
DSC_0005

My Bo and Katy Jo on the Dreilanderbrucke
DSC_0010

Being silly
DSC_0021

Styling in her Alsacian dress

DSC_0023


DSC_0028

A little angel
DSC_0034

This is the village of Holtzen, where the craft market took place
DSC_0048

Interesting things to look at
DSC_0053

I like the cellar door
DSC_0055

Do you see the storch?
DSC_0057

Perfect time for a nap
DSC_0058

The baby bjorn was a success
DSC_0059

How beautiful
DSC_0060

These apples were made into juice right before my eyes
DSC_0061

Making zwiebelkuche- a sort of delicious onion and bacon pizzaDSC_0062

Still strapped in.
DSC_0064

But, oh so cute.
DSC_0065

Mommy's treat
DSC_0067

Perfect little house
DSC_0069

The Cemetery
DSC_0070

The view from our hike
DSC_0005

Hope you have sunscreen on Katy Jo
DSC_0017

Love her!
DSC_0020

1 comment:

  1. Your travels with your KJ are so cool! Great documenting Bowen's! I really want to eat that baby up too. I am sure you hear that all the time. Great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete